Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back By {-------} Demand

What ho, what ho, what ho! - was my reaction when I received an email from a certain Mr Train of my acquaintance asking me to dust off the old fountain pen and put it, post-haste, to paper. Being a rather obliging sort (if I dare say so), I did as I was bid. Immediately I observed a large ink blot spreading across the white wasteland. I sat in quiet contemplation of it, my pen-arm not daring to move lest the flow of Pelikan 4001 SCHWARZ be stemmed. I saw a formation of ducks heading south for winter. I saw a couple of old ducks fussing about their permanent waves. I saw a chap in white ducks rowing his sweetheart over a waterfall. A most interesting (and Anatidean) diversion indeed, but thoroughly unrelated to the task at hand. That task was to write a short entry, a kind of Notebook-redux, for Mr Train's zine Badger's Dozen. I both finished and submitted it in time (a new record) and have recently received the good news that the issue has gone to press! All details are here, and I would encourage anyone who reads this note and who is in possession of the means to do so, to support Mr Train's most eclectic publication. You most indubitably will not regret the investment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous TimT said...

And, I should add, a copy is winging its way to your house as we speak. I was most pleased to publish a piece by such an esteemed member of the community as yourself and trust you will receive your copy not long after the New Year!

Appropriately, the wv for this post is 'nizes' - by Jove, I know an anagram when I see one!

Thursday, 23 December 2010 09:43:00 GMT+11  
Blogger St John Nottlesby said...

I received it yesterday. Much obliged, old thing. I look forward to reading (and writing) more in the new year!

Thursday, 30 December 2010 23:33:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home