Monday, July 16, 2007

Of Berlin and Beer Halls

To keep the vein of alliteration cut with the razor of my wit, I shall share with ye, dear reader, the latest developments in the Grand Plan of St John Nottlesby, Man o' the World. Well, at the moment I'm only a man o' a very limited world, but that is soon to change. There are, as the more astute among you would have gathered by now, Plans Afoot! For fear o' jinxing them into oblivion, I shall let the blouse of discretion slip over the shoulder of certainty to expose the bra strap of possibility. In short, I'm planning an extended safari through the Teutonic Lands, furnished with my meagre knowledge of the Tongue of Wagner, and, I hope, the appropriate Work Permits &c, I shall be setting sail later this year (or very early in the next) to follow my star, and try my luck in Foreign Lands.

Gosh, how exciting!

Girly gushing notwithstanding (and it's a habit I must break myself of if I'm to be amongst the inventors of Lederhosen), I'm really very excited at the possibilites ahead, and in the past two weeks there have been a number of seemingly "chance" occurrences that have given me whatever sign I need to know I'm clearly doing the right thing. These include, but are not limited to, a friend of mine from my German class leaving in a fortnight and telling me of new changes to the work visa - making it easy to get, and allowing the holder to work for a full year, with the chance of an extension if your employer is willing; and several conversations with German friends who have promised to give me names and numbers of their friends - which may or may not come to pass, but there's the chance of having a few contacts "on the ground" when I get there (although precious time may be lost helping them back into a standing position).

Tally ho!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mitzi G Burger said...

Fantastic plans whether they're afoot or ahead, especially as I have for you various contacts on the ground.
Bilby, an Aussie in Berlin, Lisrocks in nearby Vienna, and a lovely couple in Frankfurt who you may mneet when they visit our fair shore in August. Wunderbar.

Monday, 16 July 2007 23:57:00 GMT+10  
Blogger St John Nottlesby said...

By Jove, Jerries are coming out of the woodwork. Fetch them hither to Haus Nottlesby and we can pump them thoroughly for information.

Er, quite.

But t'would be good to make acquaintance new.

Tuesday, 17 July 2007 09:30:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Cracklypork said...

We shall visit you and make nuisance of ourselves.

Monday, 30 July 2007 11:36:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home